Project: Non-Revenue Water (NRW)
Date: February 2016- March 2017
In the Islamic Republic of Iran, the National Water and Wastewater Engineering Company (NWWEC) controls the administration of the water supply. As a measure to mitigate water shortages, it encourages the reduction of non-revenue water (NRW) using its own technologies. However, due to the deterioration of aging facilities, the average percentage of NRW is still in excess of 25%.
The Government of Iran requested Japanese technical cooperation to deal with NRW in Khansar City in Isfahan Province. A survey was implemented to gather and analyze background information relating to the water supply sector in Iran, and to identify the issues and consider the appropriate assistance the Japan International Cooperation Agency’s (JICA) can provide.
- Supporting JICA executive and research team in NRW data collection project with the cooperation of NWWEC
- Logistical affairs and executive management during the project
- Required communications and correspondences with JICA representatives
- Basic data gathering and improving special data with collection regarding the project in accordance with JICA request to the employer (NWWEC)
- Translating documents and reports
- Presenting required consultation in order to improve the project and optimal utilization of JICA facilities