The main objective of the project is to prepare an informative platform to enable access to the most relevant source data about existing literature, institutions concerned, and professionals involved in the region. A data base will be developed based on web media for users’ ease of access and provides easy use for end services, so there will be two releases of this project as follows:
- Internet version, which each client utilizes locally to provide services for local users;
- Extranet version that could be set up on Internet for remote and local users.
This project is fully IT-based, which requires all levels of software engineering. The steps for producing the system will be:
- Analyzing the requirements
- Development of forms and classification of data
- Test and calibration
- Online data
Final validation and verification.
The geographical area will cover the states in Middle East and CIS countries. The executive body in Amirkabir University of Technology in Tehran is designed and the project is was finished. The following tasks were performed by conducting this project:
- A working plan was prepared and sent to UNESCO;
- The data classification and data fields were determined;
- The server was installed on Windows 2000/XP professional and the database was designed;
- The forms / screens were designed and the interface with HTML has been set up.
- The data transfer between forms and the database were created by ASP;
- Journal articles and periodicals in libraries and internet have been searched;
- The final version of this website is uploaded in the following accress: we-rd.com/uwm. It will be linked to RCUWM website once the client server of the Centre is ready;
- A demo has been prepared for introducing UWMD capabilities and submitted to the Centre;
- Three forms for organisations, experts, and publications are uploaded in the website. The capability for users and the administrator of the system access are added to submit and validate the information. A user name must be assigned and the password can be selected or changed by each user. Each user can revise his / her information using the assigned username and password;
- One of the most important parts of UWMD site is the search engine. Users can find information about urban water experts, organisations, conferences, papers, etc using the search engine