First Iran’s Category II Centres Meeting
The first brain-storming and review session of Category II Centres under the auspices of UNESCO has been held on 17th of October 2018 which was chaired by Dr. Ali Chavoshian, head of Science Department of Iran National Commission for UNESCO and organizer of these centres, in NAT.COM conference hall.
I.R. Iran hosts 8 regional and international centres under the auspices of UNESCO, each of which has a unique participation in developing different UNESCO goals:
- Regional Centre on Urban Water Management, RCUWM-Tehran
- International Center on Qanats and Historic Hydraulic Structures, ICQHS-Yazd
- Regional Research Centre for Safeguarding Intangible Cultural Heritage in West and Central Asia, ICH Centre-Tehran
- Regional Center for Technology Incubators and Science Park Development, IRIS-Isfahan
- Regional Education and Research Center on Oceanography for West Asia, RCOWA-Theran
- Regional Institute of Water Education for West and Central Asia, RIWE-Tehran
- International Center on Management of Watershed & Bioresources in Arid and Semi-Arid Regions
- International Centre on Health Related Basic Science and Human Nutrition
It’s worth noting that in the end of 2017 UNESCO has agreed for 115 Centres to be submitted, 61 of which are actively working now.
In this session, various activities of these centres which were related and under the auspices of UNESCO have been reviewed and assessed, and also this session has been used to share experiences and vast knowledge.