Participating Countries /Organizations: 20 experts from 12 countries,
Number of Participants: 200 ,
Number of Female Participants: 86
8th Asian G-WADI Meeting Objectives:
- Increase regional cooperation for sustainable development of arid and semi-arid zones
- Sharing national/regional experiences in groundwater management and finding solutions for sustainable groundwater harvest/extraction;
- Providing information on current UNESCO-IHP programmes in relation to groundwater management and water management in arid zones (G-WADI);
- Networking among the groundwater institutions and specialists with regional water policy making authorities;
- Sharing knowledge on adaptation to water scarcity; strategies and approaches.
2nd IDI Expert Group Meeting Objectives:
- To develop synergies between the two programs of UNESCO, namely International Drought Initiative (IDI) and UNESCO IHP programme on Water and Development Information for Arid Lands–A Global Network (G-WADI);
- To further involve international organizations including FAO, WMO, etc. in IDI projects and work plan;
- Establish IDI Advisory and Management Committee;
- Investigating potential projects and joint research activities;
- Sharing international/regional and national experiences on drought issues to come up with proposals for future work in the region.
Click here for download report